[IronPython] Linux Support

Michael Foord fuzzyman at voidspace.org.uk
Wed Oct 31 09:46:01 CET 2007

Evan Klitzke wrote:
> Hi all,
> I've been looking at IronPython a bit lately as an alternative to
> CPython.  I've had some difficulties, however, getting it working on
> Linux. I've just spent a few minutes trying to get it running under
> mono, and I haven't been that impressed. Among various problems:

Hello Evan,

Linux and Mono support is through the FePy project.

It addresses the build concerns you raise and provides some modules that
don't come with the standard IronPython build.

You can't use CPython extensions (the ones written in C anyway) with
IronPython though, and should look for .NET equivalents.

All the best,