[IronPython] Trying to use the library preppy from reportlib in ironpython and silverlight

Michael Foord fuzzyman at voidspace.org.uk
Mon Apr 7 16:10:29 CEST 2008

Vineet Jain (gmail) wrote:
> Thanks to all the responses I was able to get preppy to work with ironpython
> and silverlight. One question I have is that currently to get this working
> in silverlight I have to copy the string and traceback module to the app
> folder. Is there any way for the Chiron app to automatically extract the
> modules that I need or can I specify them somewhere else instead of having
> to move them to the app folder?

They need to be in the app folder for Silverlight to be able to import
them - so the short answer is no.

:-)

Dependency tracking for Python modules is a difficult problem and there
are Python modules (in the standard library and in projects like py2exe)
that do just this. It is unrealistic to expect Silverlight to implement
these semantics - especially as it is a tool for Dynamic Silverlight in
general and not just for Python.

Michael
http://www.ironpythoninaction.com/