[IronPython] Announcing IronPython 1.1.2 RC1
Harry.Pierson at microsoft.com
Tue Jul 15 20:57:26 CEST 2008
FYI, I've got more details on the two breaking changes on my blog. http://devhawk.net/2008/07/15/IronPython+112+RC.aspx. Please let us know if either of these changes affect you
From: users-bounces at lists.ironpython.com [mailto:users-bounces at lists.ironpython.com] On Behalf Of Srivatsn Narayanan
Sent: Monday, July 14, 2008 9:51 PM
To: Discussion of IronPython
Subject: [IronPython] Announcing IronPython 1.1.2 RC1
Hello IronPython Community,
I'm pleased to announce the release of IronPython 1.1.2 RC1. In this release twenty-one CodePlex work Items that were identified as high priority on the IronPython mailing list were fixed. It's worth noting that this included the implementation of the "_winreg" CPython module and a few performance improvements in targeted areas. Please also note that there are two potentially breaking changes in this release:
* nt.unlink will now throw an exception if the file doesn't exist, as it does in CPython.
* The signature of IronPython.Runtime.Operations.Ops.Id() has changed and it now returns an object instead of long. This maps to the id() function in python. Note that there is no change for python caused by this and only code which is directly calling Ops.Id from a statically typed language like C# or VB will be affected.
Assuming no major issues are discovered in this build, we hope to rerelease it as our last planned IronPython 1.1 release, IronPython 1.1.2, in several weeks. Please let us know if you encounter any issues as soon as possible.
The following CodePlex Work Items were closed:
* 16368 1.1.2: nt.access is missing
* 16402 1.1.2: implement _winreg module
* 15105 1.1.2: endpos is zero in IronPython 1.1.1
* 16335 1.1.2: Event handlers can cause circular references and leak memory
* 16337 1.1.2: Trivial: Implement float.__lt__(float)
* 16338 1.1.2: Using lambda in class definition will add <lambda$..> into the
* 16342 1.1.2: calling base class __call__ invokes constructor instead
* 16343 1.1.2: problem with __slots__ and __init__ in new-style classes
* 16347 1.1.2: Trivial: popen shouldn't open new window
* 16348 1.1.2: Removes the inexistent file did not throw OSError in IP
* 16350 1.1.2: int() doesn't convert representable longs to int
* 16351 1.1.2: dict.update doesn't take keyword arguments - differs from CPython
* 16353 1.1.2: Trivial: int('0x20', 16) fails to parse, long too
* 16355 1.1.2: unpacking single element tuples in for-statement, listcomp and generator
* 16356 1.1.2: socket.getnameinfo(...) broken under Vista
* 16360 1.1.2: Class with slots and getattr not compatible
* 16363 1.1.2: Can't call method w/ nullable as 1st argument w/ greater than 5 arguments
* 16364 1.1.2: Backport fix for compiled regular expressions
* 16365 1.1.2: Tuple hashing improvements
* 16366 1.1.2: PyCF_DONT_IMPLY_DEDENT support in compile
* 16749 1.1.2 (Trivial): Modifier of PythonEngine.DefaultCompilerContext(..)
We'd like to thank everyone in the community who contributed to these bugs: Ronnie Maor, jackeyoo, sanxiyn, Michael Foord, Kamil Dworakowski, lthompson, romank, Jeff Brown, rridge, David Fraser, pobrien, ebaklund.
You can download IronPython 1.1.2 RC1 at: http://www.codeplex.com/IronPython/Release/ProjectReleases.aspx?ReleaseId=15198
The IronPython Team
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Ironpython-users