[IronPython] Inserting TABs (was Re: VS Shell Addin for IronPython Studio)
carl.cerecke at telogis.com
Wed Jul 23 23:56:41 CEST 2008
Since the topic of IronPython Studio has come up...
On Thu, Jul 24, 2008 at 5:12 AM, Oleg Tkachenko <olegtk at microsoft.com> wrote:
> In Integrated mode (when IronPython Studio isn't
> standalone installation, but part of Visual Studio) extending scenario just
It doesn't quite 'just work' for me. Some things are great, but others
1. The text editor will insert TABs from time to time in the first
column. (even though prefs have 'Insert tabs as spaces' set).
2. Stepping through in the debugger, the 'show next' statement is
3. The watch window and immediate window are mostly useless while
execution is paused. I can't see the value of most python vars.
4. F11 won't step into called functions (well, it does, but it goes
through half a dozen assembly instructions first)
5. The auto-complete is both too eager (e.g. for statements), and not
intelligent enough (this is a hard problem, though)
6. The interactive IronPython Console can be useful, but it would be
great if it could somehow attach to the interpreter of a paused app so
I could inspect variables and execute statements.
Any ideas how to fix any these problems, please let me know.
Carl Cerecke, PhD
Senior Software Engineer
Telogis, Intelligent Location Technology
Level 2, Building 2
1 Show Place
Phone: +64 03 339 2825 ext 208
Fax: +64 03 339 4537
Email: carl.cerecke at telogis.com
This message (including any attachments) contains confidential
information intended for a specific individual and purpose, and is
protected by law. If you are not the intended recipient, you should
delete this message and are hereby notified that any disclosure,
copying, or distribution of this message, or the taking of any action
based on it, is strictly prohibited.
More information about the Ironpython-users