[IronPython] Python Pages -- web application stack (like django, rails, ...)

Jimmy Schementi Jimmy.Schementi at microsoft.com
Thu Jun 12 07:53:06 CEST 2008

Awesome about the Silverlight integration! I'll check it out soon and let you know what I think =)

About the templating language; there's a good reason why other frameworks don't use python as the templating language ... because of significant white-space. We did this in the ASP.NET futures release though (http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=A5189BCB-EF81-4C12-9733-E294D13A58E6&displaylang=en), and it's less than ideal. You use endif, enddef, endfor, etc, for scope-ending keywords, which basically changes the language and makes it *not* Python. So, if I were you I'd watch out by calling it Python. That's just my $0.02 though ... anyone else agree?

~js