[IronPython] Python in the Browser updates

Jimmy Schementi Jimmy.Schementi at microsoft.com
Wed Jun 18 08:45:27 CEST 2008

Michael, question for you:

> On every keypress Javascript calls into IronPython (via the C#!).

How come you used C# to handle the onkeypress event? This should do it in Python:

<textarea id="code"></textarea>

from System import EventHandler
from System.Windows.Browser import Htmlpage, HtmlEventArgs

document = System.Windows.Browser.HtmlPage.Document
def onkeypress(s, e):
  document.result.innerHTML += "KeyPress<br />"
document.code.AttachEvent("onkeypress", EventHandler[HtmlEventArgs](onkeypress))

Anyway, just wondering if anything was blocking you from hooking HTML events with Python.

~js