[IronPython] Python in the Browser updates

Michael Foord fuzzyman at voidspace.org.uk
Tue Jun 17 23:51:41 CEST 2008

Hello all,

Sorry for the noise - but tomorrow I hope to package this for a release
and if any of you get the chance to give me any feedback before then.

http://www.voidspace.org.uk/ironpython/silverlight-console/console.html

I think I have fixed all the basic usability issues (it is no longer
possible to screw up the console so that it refuses further input for
example). To *really* fix input I ought to move execution into its own
thread so that we can interrupt infinite loops [1] - but that is a
bigger change so I am resisting it for the moment.

The big change is that I have added some simple code snippets - as an
example of how it could be used in tutorials or for teaching Python.

It is also easy to customize - the source code (200 lines of Python, 70
lines of Javascript, 25 lines of C#) shows how to prepopulate the
execution context and show the first few lines of code in the interpreter.

You can get the sourcecode from the repository of course:

http://code.google.com/p/pythoninthebrowser/

All the best,

Michael Foord

[1] and then decide whether on windows a ctrl-c should send a keyboard
interrupt or copy to the clipboard...

--
http://www.ironpythoninaction.com/
http://www.theotherdelia.co.uk/