[IronPython] Missing Merlin\Main\Hosts\Silverlight\SilverlightVersion.cs

Michael Foord fuzzyman at voidspace.org.uk
Mon May 5 19:08:28 CEST 2008

Jimmy Schementi wrote:
> On 5/4/08 12:11 PM, "Michael Foord" <fuzzyman at voidspace.org.uk> wrote:
>
>> Well, to quote a 'certain' blog entry:
>>
>> "We wanted to get the new language bits to you quicker than Silverlight
>> releases."
>>
>> :-)
>>

> This is definitely true post SLBeta2. My fault for not conveying that there
> would be no interm release before SLBeta2. But by end of May we'll have a
> release out that works with SLBeta2.

Ah well. There are exciting changes for Silverlight in IronPython that I
am eagerly awaiting...

At least this gives me a nice quote to prod you with post SLBeta2. ;-)

It was a great blog entry by the way: many thanks. Posting something
like that along with the new release, or shortly after, would have been
a good thing. As you say, often the 'why' matters.

> So yeah, post beta2 we'll come up with a way to rev the versions on top of
> the current released version of SL.

Well - posting revisions as quickly as the IronRuby guys are pushing to
the Rubyforge repository would be fine. (Even revisions that haven't
gone through your whole test machinery - at least this way you could get
fast(er) community feedback on changes.) Ah well, I can dream...

Michael Foord
http://www.ironpythoninaction.com/