[IronPython] Frames in IronPython

Jeff Hardy jdhardy at gmail.com
Thu Jan 1 00:47:33 CET 2009

On Wed, Dec 31, 2008 at 9:22 AM, Curt Hagenlocher <curt at hagenlocher.org> wrote:
> As I understand it, the biggest problem with getframe has always been
> its performance implications.  Would you want all IronPython code to
> be slowed down so that this feature is supported?  What if you needed
> to opt-in on the command-line with a -X:getframe?

It depends on how big the speed hit is and how much work it is to mark
frames support optional. If the speed hit is only 10%, then I don't
think it's worth the effort to make it optional unless it's trivial to
make it so. If it's 50% then it should definitely be optional. I can
deal with it being optional, if that's the case.

> Also, I don't see a lot of votes here. *wink*

I'm hoping this little PSA will help change that. :)

- Jeff