[IronPython] Embedding IronPython in MS-Office (fwd)

Joshua Kramer josh at globalherald.net
Sun Nov 15 17:40:33 CET 2009

A while back, Slide wrote:

"You'd have to write an add-in for office that hosted the .NET runtime and
provided a hosting API that IP could interact with. I don't think this would be
a small undertaking."

Hmm.  Is there any way to have MSO "see" IPY as a Scripting or Macro Language,
like it sees VBA?  I am familiar with writing console (or regular) apps in C#
and using the Microsoft.Office.Interop assemblies - I could do this easily from
IronPython but I'd rather it be usable from within the MSO environment.

OpenOffice is better in this regard because it "sees" Python, Java, and Basic
as just different scripting / macro languages, and therefore it's easy to write
Python apps that EITHER run from within the environment or outside.

Cheers,
-JK

--

-----