[IronPython] Issue Triage

Richard Nienaber rjnienaber at gmail.com
Wed Dec 29 22:42:44 CET 2010

I've closed the following items:

precision not respected when formatting
IsolateStorage.GetUserStoreForApplication throws SystemError in IronPython
2.6 <http://ironpython.codeplex.com/workitem/26487>
ipy.exe doesn't set module __name__ correctly when -m is
issues on very large method body (use

I think the following needs some further scrutiny before closing:

Write installation path to
module globals are reported incorrectly to
Finish FunctionEnvironment
Unable to set value type's field even with the help of

All issues have been tested in IronPython 2.6 and 2.7b1 and they seem to
exhibit the same behavior.

One issue that I think should be fixed for 2.7 is this one:

binder failed to make the choice when non-generic/generic methods have the
same signature <http://ironpython.codeplex.com/workitem/23999>

Since Python doesn't deal with generics I would think the least-surprise
outcome would be for the C# spec to be followed for overload resolution.