[IronPython] Compiling so that IronPython libraries are recognized?

Funke, Matt Matt.funke at vishaypg.com
Fri Jul 9 15:50:43 CEST 2010

I'm extremely new to compiling things in anything approaching a pythonic way, so my apologies in advance for what's probably a very simplistic question.

I've downloaded the source for psycopg2-2.2.1.  The documentation recommends using the standard "python setup.py build" and "python setup.py install".

So I tried to run "ipy setup.py build" to incorporate these libraries into IronPython.

I get this error:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "setup.py", line 50, in <module>
ImportError: No module named subprocess

I can verify that subprocess.py is in C:\Users\me\AppData\Local\Microsoft\VisualStudio\10.0\Extensions\Microsoft\IronPython Tools for Visual Studio\0.2\Lib.  Do I need to add this directory to an environment variable (like PATH), or is there some other way I can notify IronPython about where to look for library files?

Thanks for your time.

 -- Best Regards,
    Matt Funke