[IronPython] No Module named Zlib import error after installing DLL

Michael Foord fuzzyman at voidspace.org.uk
Thu Jun 3 20:04:13 CEST 2010

On 03/06/2010 18:38, Andrew Evans wrote:
> Hello I am trying to import the Zlib module after I have installed the
> DLL in to the DLLs folder in IronPython
>
> I am getting a no module named zlib

Hello Andrew,

I haven't tried this, but I assume you have to add a reference to the
assembly before you can import from it. Try:

     import clr
     clr.AddReference('IronPython.Zlib')

(Substitute the correct name of the dll into the AddReference call.)

HTH,

Michael Foord

> It probably has something to do with my environment variables, what do
> I need to do get them to import. Currently my Environment Variables
> are set to
>

> IRONPYTHONPATH C:\IronPython\DLLs\;
> PATH C:\IronPython\;
>
> Google isn't being all that helpful

http://www.ironpythoninaction.com/
http://www.voidspace.org.uk/blog

READ CAREFULLY. By accepting and reading this email you agree, on behalf of your employer, to release me from all obligations and waivers arising from any and all NON-NEGOTIATED agreements, licenses, terms-of-service, shrinkwrap, clickwrap, browsewrap, confidentiality, non-disclosure, non-compete and acceptable use policies ("BOGUS AGREEMENTS") that I have entered into with your employer, its partners, licensors, agents and assigns, in perpetuity, without prejudice to my ongoing rights and privileges. You further represent that you have the authority to release me from any BOGUS AGREEMENTS on behalf of your employer.