[IronPython] IronPython and XML Parsing

Jeff Hardy jdhardy at gmail.com
Wed Apr 6 16:32:02 CEST 2011

On Wed, Apr 6, 2011 at 2:38 AM, Markus Schaber
<m.schaber at 3s-software.com> wrote:
> Has anyone successfully tried this implementation? What about including
> it into the IronPython distribution?

The fepy version is incomplete, but it mostly works. I haven't run the
tests in a while, though, so I'm not sure how incomplete it is. I'm
also unsure if we can get 100% compatibility using System.Xml; much
like sqlite, it may have to p/invoke the C expat lib for perfect
combatibility.

pyexpat is one of the last builtin modules not included (I should be
able to land _ast this weekend and unicodedata "soon"). If anyone
sends a pull request with the majority of the tests passing, I'd be
very happy to include it.

> PS: Is FePy still alive at all? The last commit seems to be from July
> 2009...

I don't think so.

- Jeff