[IronPython] IronPython and XML Parsing

Jeff Hardy jdhardy at gmail.com
Wed Apr 6 19:20:21 CEST 2011

On Wed, Apr 6, 2011 at 11:07 AM, Vernon Cole <vernondcole at gmail.com> wrote:
> I have sent several emails to Seo asking him about the status of fepy,
> and received no response.  I think this would be a great place to
> build a "fatter" distribution of IronPython, with more modules
> attached, and a set of Linux binaries.  (Besides, I hate having my
> name associated with a dead project - Mike Foord and Jeff too, I would
> suppose.)

Linux-specific binaries shouldn't be needed anymore - they should work
out of the box on Mono (although if you want to maintain the .NET
2.0/IronPython 2.7 builds, that might be useful). As for libraries, I
would like to see the packaging tools like pip working on IronPython
so you could just do `ipip install fepy` and get the bonus modules.

- Jeff