[IronPython] Issue Triage

Richard Nienaber rjnienaber at gmail.com
Tue Feb 1 23:23:36 CET 2011

> I usually start import bugs by trying to re-create a simple repro of the
issue and then work from there.

I've managed to get as far as this point. I've tried to boild down the
problem to a simple test case which I've added to the
issue<http://ironpython.codeplex.com/workitem/26426>.
What seems to be happening is this:

   - import sympy is called
   - sympy import gets to simpify.py, imports decimal (stdlib) which then
   imports numbers.py (stdlib)
   - sympy import gets to function.py, which attempts to import Integer from
   numbers (sympy)
      - It fails here because it tries to import Integer from numbers.py
      (stdlib)

The test case works in 2.6.2 but fails in 2.7b1 which seems to indicate a
regression. I tried importing the sympy library in 2.6.2 but it fails
with: ImportError: No module named signal

Richard