[Ironpython-users] Patch

Dino Viehland dinov at microsoft.com
Fri Feb 24 07:16:25 CET 2012

This is awesome, a couple comments:
                Can AssemblyResolve be moved into PythonOps?  It looks like it keys off of Assembly.GetEntryAssembly() and so doesn't rely on anything in the generated assembly.  That'd make it easier to read and update the code.  Maybe I missed something that depends upon the assembly, but if that's the case the assembly could be passed into a class which has the AssemblyResolve method.

                I think the GlobalAssemblyCache check is too strong.  Ipy install via the MSI will go into the GAC and so I think it won't be embedded.  This should probably exclude the known Ipy/Dlr assemblies from the GAC check.

+1 on what Jeff said as well, I'd just add an overload instead of doing the default value thing.

Now I'm going to have to think more about pyc support for PTVS.