[Ironpython-users] logging.handlers.NTEventLogHandler not in IP?

Douglas S. Blank dblank at cs.brynmawr.edu
Fri Jan 13 19:19:37 CET 2012

> On Fri, Jan 13, 2012 at 9:54 AM, Hernán Foffani <hfoffani at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>>
>> El 13/01/2012, a las 18:49, Jeff Hardy escribió:

>>> At the very list it could go into IronPython's stdlib. Until we can
>>> sync up with the 3.x branch I Don't know if we can push stdlib changes
>>> upstream.
>>
>> Beware that the file that contains the NTEventLogHandler has some
>> several more
>> classes. Won't it add some hassle to merge future std lib changes back
>> to IP?
>>

> We already have a bunch of changes like it. Any extra hassle it adds
> is minuscule compared to the giant pain in the butt it already is
> (hence why it's not done very often).
>
> For the 3.x branch I want to push as many changes as possible upstream
> to minimize that.
>
> - Jeff

Speaking of IronPython's use of the standard Python Library, how does one
go from IronPython source to an installation with Lib set up properly?

I see that there are parts of the standard lib in github... a couple
actually: some under External.LCS_RESTRICTED and another in Languages. Is
the standard IP lib documented somewhere?

Thanks,

-Doug

--
Douglas S. Blank
Associate Professor, Computer Science, Bryn Mawr College