[Ironpython-users] IronPython running WDB client

Markus Schaber m.schaber at codesys.com
Thu May 21 15:33:07 CEST 2015

Hi,

As far as I know, the IronPython dynamic code generation does not generate Python frames by default, for optimization purposes (to leverage the .NET Just in Time compiler).

When the IronPython compiler parses your main module, sys.settrace() was not called yet, so the code generated there will work the optimized way.

IronPython has the options -X:Frames and -X:FullFrames which you can set either on the command line, or (in hosted environments) when you create the executor instance, then sys.settrace() should work for the top level frame, too.

Best regards

Markus Schaber

CODESYS® a trademark of 3S-Smart Software Solutions GmbH

Inspiring Automation Solutions
________________________________
3S-Smart Software Solutions GmbH
Dipl.-Inf. Markus Schaber | Product Development Core Technology
Memminger Str. 151 | 87439 Kempten | Germany
Tel. +49-831-54031-979 | Fax +49-831-54031-50

E-Mail: m.schaber at codesys.com<mailto:m.schaber at codesys.com> | Web: codesys.com<http://www.codesys.com> | CODESYS store: store.codesys.com<http://store.codesys.com>
CODESYS forum: forum.codesys.com<http://forum.codesys.com>

Managing Directors: Dipl.Inf. Dieter Hess, Dipl.Inf. Manfred Werner | Trade register: Kempten HRB 6186 | Tax ID No.: DE 167014915
This e-mail may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient (or have received
this e-mail in error) please notify the sender immediately and destroy this e-mail. Any unauthorised copying, disclosure
or distribution of the material in this e-mail is strictly forbidden.