[Mailman-developers] Pre-release of new mailman version

Ken Manheimer klm@python.org
Thu, 9 Apr 1998 21:21:04 -0400 (EDT)

I've packaged an a prerelease of my new version of mailman - the one
currently running on python.org.  I plan to do a real (beta) release
by the end of the weekend, but would like to have people do some
poking and prodding before then, to shake out any overt problems in my
packaging methods...  (Also, some people are doing their own work on
particular pieces, and need to work w.r.t. the current version instead
of the substantially different prior one.)

Since there are some substantial changes, particularly in the way
default site values are configured and in the maillist data
structures, you should not overwrite anything you're using for
production.  (In particular, i haven't implemented the routine that
migrates the datastructures from older list versions to the current
one, so things *will* break)  This relase is more for reference -
yours and mine.

Please let me know if you do play with it and have anything
interesting to report.

Thanks!

ken manheimer
klm@python.org