[Mailman-developers] Double Reply-To:, answer_majordomo_mail, archives

Janne Sinkkonen janne@avocado.pc.helsinki.fi
16 Apr 1998 02:38:37 +0300

I have several minor things:

First, when the "reply to the list" option of a list is set, it seems
that a potential existing Reply-To: is not (always) stripped
off. Instead there will be two Reply-To: headers, one for the list,
one from the original sender. I guess this is a bug?

Second, here's a working answer_majordomo_mail script. The script in
1.0b12 didn't work for me (the patch would be larger than the script
itself, hence I include this here):

#!/usr/local/bin/python
# This is another script that's really just for my use, but
# feel free to use it if you know how...

import sys

f = open('/dev/null', 'w')
sys.stderr = f
sys.path.append('/home/mailman/mailman/modules')

import mm_message, mm_utils

msg = mm_message.IncomingMessage()
text = open('/home/mailman/mailman/misc/majordomo.answer.txt', 'r').read()
mm_utils.SendTextToUser('Your mail to Majordomo...', text, msg.GetSender(),
	'mailman-owner')

I would also like to ask about the archives. The README says
'integrated with [...] external pipermail'. :) Besides the links and
authorization service provided, what does this mean in practice?
Should I run piper-hypermail from a crontab or is there something
better around somewhere?

--
Janne