[Mailman-developers] Double Reply-To:, answer_majordomo_mail, archives

Scott scott@chronis.icgroup.com
Wed, 15 Apr 1998 22:20:37 -0400

On Thu, Apr 16, 1998 at 02:38:37AM +0300, Janne Sinkkonen wrote:

| I have several minor things:
[...]
| I would also like to ask about the archives. The README says
| 'integrated with [...] external pipermail'. :) Besides the links and
| authorization service provided, what does this mean in practice?
| Should I run piper-hypermail from a crontab or is there something
| better around somewhere?

Not that i know of.  It's honestly taken me about as long to get
private archiving working  on a list on my system as it did to develop
the confirmation step in subscribing.

I don't doubt that mailman and pipermail should be separate packages,
but it sure would be nice to have drop-in archiving available with the
new pipermail.  From what i understand, this would probably involve
writing a custom archiving class from the pipermail.T class, that
deals with archive volume incrementing and can present a cgi interface
to the list admin. any takers?

Scott