[Mailman-developers] Found it! (I have a divergent version of MailMan)

John Viega viega@list.org
Fri, 1 May 1998 14:23:12 -0700

On Fri, May 01, 1998 at 12:28:03PM -0400, Ken Manheimer wrote:

> I suspect that we started at the same place.  Not sure whether there
> were any micro-releases or such that would lead to version skew.

If the version numbers were the same, they were the same.  Any time I
did a release, even if it was to a single person only, I changed the
version number.

> (I'm confused about how working with respect to the ~mailman homedir
> enables you to have to install's, btw.)

Well, if you have 2 installs and 2 sets of binaries, and 2 disjoint
sets of lists, and 2 different cgi paths (ie,
http://www.xxx.org/mailman-dev/) then I don't see why there would be
any problem with it.

> As barry also mentioned, this is one of the things up there on my
> "desired" list - but it never was high enough urgency to percolate to
> the top.  (John actually sent me an smtplib.py that he was playing with,
> but i never took the step of hooking it up.)  I'm glad you've done this,
> and that it uses something you've gotten into the distribution!

Ah, I would have sworn you already did this one, Ken :)

John