[Mailman-developers] Web page

Roy Smith roy@endeavor.med.nyu.edu
Fri, 01 May 1998 17:26:54 -0400

Not sure if it does this already, but here's my biggest mailing list
headache...

We have our lists (run under majordomo, which we want to get rid of) set up
that if you're not subscribed, you can't submit.  This is the most obvious
anti-spam measure, and goes a good way towards cutting down abuse.  Problem
is, people have multiple email addresses, or they change, or one MUA formats
is slightly differently than another MUA they use, etc.

It would be really cool to be able to say something like "accept postings
from this person, if any of the following are on the From: line"

Roy Smith <roy@popmail.med.nyu.edu>
New York University School of Medicine
550 First Avenue, New York, NY  10016