[Mailman-Developers] MM1.0b9 Bug! (was: Setup prob: abs/rel CGI url)

Harald Meland Harald.Meland@usit.uio.no
04 Mar 1999 19:21:19 +0100

[Christian Tismer]

> Hi Barry et al,
>
> I found it - Mailman 1.0b9 has a bug in admin.py .

Which was fixed _days_ ago in CVS :-)

>             defaulturi = 'mailman/admin%s/%s' % (mm_cfg.CGIEXT,
[...]
>                  "path"    : os.environ.get("REQUEST_URI", defaulturi),
[...]
> defaulturi is *wrong*, it needs a slash in front.
>
> How comes that nobody complained yet?

If your web server provides CGI scripts with an REQUEST_URI
environment variable, the fallback value of `defaulturi' won't be
used.

This has been further refined in the current CVS version -- first try
REQUEST_URI (which isn't part of the CGI/1.1 spec), then try
concatenation of SCRIPT_NAME and PATH_INFO (both of which _are_ part
of CGI/1.1), then fall back on the (corrected) defaulturi.
--
Harald