[Mailman-Developers] MM1.0b9 Bug! (was: Setup prob: abs/rel CGI url)

Christian Tismer tismer@appliedbiometrics.com
Thu, 04 Mar 1999 15:46:41 +0100

Hi Barry et al,

I found it - Mailman 1.0b9 has a bug in admin.py .

Line 121 ff:

        if not is_auth:
            defaulturi = 'mailman/admin%s/%s' % (mm_cfg.CGIEXT,
list_name)
            print "Content-type: text/html\n\n"
            text = Utils.maketext(
                'admlogin.txt',
                {"listname": list_name,
                 "path"    : os.environ.get("REQUEST_URI", defaulturi),
                 "message" : message,
                 })
            print text
            return

defaulturi is *wrong*, it needs a slash in front.

How comes that nobody complained yet? This means that no
user has used the admin pages since he upgraded to 1.0b9 !?!

ciao - chris