[Mailman-Developers] something to add to v2,please

Ricardo Kustner ricardo@miss-janet.com
Thu, 16 Sep 1999 10:22:08 +0200

On Thu, Sep 16, 1999 at 09:54:26AM +0200, DAFcnc wrote:
> I've been using mailman to run my list for about 2 months now and it
> is just great
> However, there is one thing I'd like to see added to future versions.
> As the list adminstrator I'd like to be able to extract a full list of
> members with settings as a 'text file'.   The membership management
> screen only lists 30 at a time in a table.  I'd like an option to dump
> all members, plus the settings, as a lump of text in a <pre></pre>
> box.
> I can then copy and paste it to a file for backup purposes, and for
> mass admin purposes.
> The settings can simply by a bunch of 1 or 0 in the order of the table
> headings to indicate the status of those options.

~mailman/bin/list_members listname > members.list

type list_members w/o parameters to see what options you have (for example,
you can make a seperate list of the digeset members)
it's easy to make a cronjob to backup this list.

Ricardo.