[Mailman-Developers] logging patch for SMTPDirect.py

Ron Jarrell jarrell@vt.edu
Wed, 12 Jul 2000 11:31:24 -0400

--=====================_69053992==_.ALT

At 04:37 PM 7/11/00 -0700, Dan Mick wrote:
>I filed bug 108167.  I guess I'm not sure of the "patch" protocol;
>I could have posted a fix (I had one at the time I filed the bug).
>Sometimes I put it in the bug itself, although I didn't for this
>one, primarily because it was as much a "did you mean to leave this
>out?" question to Barry as anything.
>
>But what's the story with patches?  Is it just a "share this as
>you like" feature, as a convenient method of demonstrating the
>code to Barry et. al., or ?..
>
>I guess what I'm asking is "Barry/Harald/other cabal-developers:
>do you want patches posted?..."

I've certainly been posting patches for broken things that I've found the
solution to.  In this case, I was perusing the bug list looking for things that
I could fix, and submitted a patch for it...
--=====================_69053992==_.ALT

of the &quot;patch&quot; protocol;<br>
I could have posted a fix (I had one at the time I filed the bug).<br>
Sometimes I put it in the bug itself, although I didn't for this<br>
one, primarily because it was as much a &quot;did you mean to leave
this<br>
out?&quot; question to Barry as anything.<br>
But what's the story with patches?&nbsp; Is it just a &quot;share this as
you like&quot; feature, as a convenient method of demonstrating the<br>
code to Barry et. al., or ?..<br>
I guess what I'm asking is &quot;Barry/Harald/other
cabal-developers:<br>
I've certainly been posting patches for broken things that I've found
the<br>
solution to.&nbsp; In this case, I was perusing the bug list looking for
things that<br>
I could fix, and submitted a patch for it...</html>