[Mailman-Developers] an issue with the listinfo/<listname> page...

Chuq Von Rospach chuqui@plaidworks.com
Wed, 7 Jun 2000 23:04:55 -0700

I was working upgrading to the latest CVS tonight, and realized
there's a problem with the list page put up when you go to
.../listinfo/listname.

that's the URL used when someone wants to access the list or
subscribe to it, but there's no link there that allows a user to log
on and change their subscription option. that's a different URL
(../listinfo/listname/emailaddr) that's sent to them when they
subscribe, but you can't assume they'll save that (in fact, you can
guarantee most of them won't), so the user dead-ends trying to get
into the web site to try to change their options.

There really needs to be a way, both on the listinfo/ page and the
listinfo/listname page, for an existing subscriber to sign in and get
to their subscription configuration page. Otherwise, people are going
to get lost and end up annoying the admin for help...

I'd classify this as a medium to medium-high problem, because it's a
huge dead end in the interface with a significant number of users
who'll be looking for it.

chuq

And they sit at the bar and put bread in my jar
and say 'Man, what are you doing here?'"