Re[2]: [Mailman-Developers] ZODB and ZEO for mailman

Jim Hebert jim@cosource.com
Wed, 21 Jun 2000 01:57:23 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 21 Jun 2000, John Morton wrote:

> As Mailman will still have to have a 'native' data store, setting up the
> API to be a collection of functions that fetch data from storage and place
> them into python structures of one form or another seams to be the best
> bet.

Well, as for 'native' data store in a world where DB-API was the only
abstraction we'd have, I was thinking Gadfly or something in that spirit.

<abandoning ship>

But, that said, Chuq's latest post made me realize the need to accomodate
existing installations and migrating existing data. So, rather than go for
the slam-dunk pure-db-api with nothing on top of it, I am coming back
around in my own mind to J C's original proposal that there'd need to be
some sort of custom abstraction layer. =)

jim
who used to think he was indecisive, but now he's not so sure...

--
Jim Hebert                                       http://www.cosource.com/
jim@cosource.com          The cooperative market for open source software

"Well actually I was considering opening a market in flying pigs. Mostly
because it would be more practical...." -- Alan Cox