[Mailman-Developers] Post to every list, just in case...

Nigel Metheringham Nigel.Metheringham@VData.co.uk
Mon, 27 Mar 2000 09:45:47 +0100

Having been away for a few days I've experienced a sense of things
repeating on a short loop whilst reading my mail this morning.

One particular thread was cross posted over 3 different mailman lists,
although it appears to have been moderated out of one of them at least.

So would it be possible for list people to have a little more
discipline regarding the posting of messages across lists.

Additionally do we need to consider:-

  1. Hierarchical lists - ie moderated announce lists that post into
other
     lists, with decent support for building a union of subscribers -
maybe
     rather than subscribing x-users & x-developers to ax-nnounce, a way
     of telling the list to pull in these lists' subscribers too.

  2. Filtering on lists to detect cross posting and do something...

  3. An idea of what "something" should be :-)

	Nigel.
[ Nigel Metheringham                  Nigel.Metheringham@VData.co.uk ]