[Mailman-Developers] rc1 Possible confusion in Defaults.py comments

Barry A. Warsaw barry@wooz.org
Wed, 8 Nov 2000 20:59:27 -0500 (EST)

    jam> Using Mailman version 2.0rc1, in Defaults.py, under Bounce
    jam> processing defaults, one sees:

    | 	# 0 means do nothing
    | 	# 1 means disable and send admin a report,
    | 	# 2 means nuke'em (remove) and send admin a report,
    | 	# 3 means nuke 'em and don't report (whee:)
    | 	DEFAULT_AUTOMATIC_BOUNCE_ACTION = 1

    jam> and on the Bounce Options web page:

    jam> (Ie. from left to right, (0) do nothing, (1) disable and
    jam> notify, (2) disable and DON'T notify, and (3) Remove and
    jam> notify.

Here's what the actual code does (see HandleBouncingAddress() in
Mailiman/Bouncer.py):

0 = do nothing
1 = disable and notify
2 = disable and don't notify
3 = remove and notify

So it looks like the web page is right but the comment in
Defaults.py.in are wrong.  I'll fix those.

-Barry