[Mailman-Developers] Postfix, Mailman, no aliases file, neat setup?

Andrew McNamara andrewm@connect.com.au
Fri, 17 Nov 2000 12:56:56 +1100

>> Can you give a brief precis of how Exim presents this to the
>> admin? I might be able to suggest an equivilent feature, or at
>> least inject the idea into Postfix's development.
>
>See http://www.exim.org/howto/mailman.html

Okay - the closest I can come to this off the top of my head is to
define "fallback_transport" to point to a "pipe" transport that called
Mailman.

Mailman would then receive all unknown local destinations, and would
have to recognise owner- and -request style addresses also. It would
also need to return EX_NOUSER (exit 67). Not as pretty, but should work
okay.

 ---
Andrew McNamara (System Architect)

connect.com.au Pty Ltd
Lvl 3, 213 Miller St, North Sydney, NSW 2060, Australia
Phone: +61 2 9409 2117, Fax: +61 2 9409 2111