[Mailman-Developers] Mailman Enhancement Suggestion

Stephanie Martinez stephanie@castle.hawkbane.net
Tue, 26 Sep 2000 14:24:19 -0500 (CDT)

Just a suggestion that occurred to me, please note that I'm not subscribed
to this list, so if you wish to reply to me you will have to do so at my
address of stephanie@hawkbane.net.  I LOVE Mailman, and its a wonderful
program.

It would be helpful for some people (I hope not just me) if there was a
way to associate a name or nickname with an email address.  Some people
keep lists for administrative reasons, and it is easier to find the person
we are looking for by name (rather than email address).

While I'm at it, it appears that a person can unsubscribe from a list even
if its set to confirm + approve.  It would be nice if users could not
unsubscribe themselves from these lists without approval also.  Sometimes
you need to ensure someone gets email from a list.  Or maybe anothe
roption added about needing confirmation to unsubscribe from
administrator.

Anyhow, thanks for a wonderful program.  May Majordomo rest in peace :).