[Mailman-Developers] 2.1 eta?

Dale Newfield Dale Newfield <Dale@Newfield.org>
Mon, 20 Aug 2001 16:22:40 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 20 Aug 2001, Barry A. Warsaw wrote:
>     24-Aug MM2.1 a3
>     28-Sep MM2.1 b1
>     26-Oct MM2.1 b2
>     23-Nov MM2.1 b3 (if necessary, otherwise MM2.1 rc1)
>     21-Dec MM2.1 rc1 (if necessary, otherwise MM2.1 final)
>     28-Dec MM2.1 final

Ahh.  I didn't realize the time-scale involved.  I'm setting up a new
machine to run a handful of domains, and have been delaying the completion
of various bits until MM2.1.  Clearly that's not a good idea.

MM won't be incredibly taxed by this installation--a handful of small
lists and one fairly large (<5000 subscribers) announcement-only list.
How stupid do you think it would be to use a3 on this site, and then
upgrade as bits become available?  How easy would it be to do that--is it
possible to simply check stuff directly out of the CVS tree, so that I'll
be able simply "cvs update" to merge in updates?  Would it be a bad idea
to merge in updates on a live installation?

-Dale