[Mailman-Developers] FEATURE REQUEST: Mailcmd Interface ... Pretty Please

Jeffrey Thompson jeffrey@thompsonic.com
Tue, 02 Jan 2001 00:06:11 -0500

--------------92A7250D38F129901E7898CD

I have a moderator from a country you have to pay by the minute to
access the Internet.  He would like an email admin interface because
it's more expensive for him to do the web interface for routine tasks
such
as approving a post or adding or removing a list member.

     I have not tested what it means to have the whole list
     moderated, but
     I assume, that this is not just for "special people" but that
     all
     moderation  is done via web interface. Now, that might be okay
     in the USA,
     where you have flat rates, no phone fees to access the
     internet.
     But in most other countries, we pay by the minute of online
     time.
     So, for nearly every admin outside North America,
     administration
     including moderating a mailing list via email will save a lot
     of
     money, because downloading is quick, but reading potentially
     large emails
     really costs time.  Maybe you want to bring that to the
     attention of
     the mailman developers?  Doing the settings of the list on the
     web is
     okay, but anything regular and time-intensive should be made
     possible to
     handle via email.

The International users would appreciate developers doing the Mailcmd
todo items
sooner than rather than later,

Thank you ,

Jeffrey Thompson

--------------92A7250D38F129901E7898CD

I have a moderator from a country you have to pay by the minute to
such
but
in the USA,
emails
of
web is
The International users would appreciate developers doing the <b>Mailcmd
</b>todo items

--------------92A7250D38F129901E7898CD--