[Mailman-Developers] Re: GET vs POST (was Re: subscription confirmations)

Jay R. Ashworth jra@baylink.com
Wed, 18 Jul 2001 09:33:37 -0400

On Tue, Jul 17, 2001 at 11:50:33PM -0700, Les Niles wrote:
>                              And regardless, using POST instead of
> GET is a fairly simple change.  From a pragmatic point of view,
> there's not much reason not to comply with the published standard,
> even if its justification is weak.

Actually, alas, this is the crux of the discussion.  It is *not* a
fairly simple change: you can't POST *from the middle of an email*,
which was the desired implementation.  If you use POST, the user *has
to do another thing*.

There is much reason not to comply with the published standard: people
are stupid.  Shame, isn't it?

Cheers,
-- jra

   OS X: Because making Unix user-friendly was easier than debugging Windows
     -- Simon Slavin in a.f.c