[Mailman-Developers] mm-handler

Barry A. Warsaw barry@zope.com
Thu, 26 Jul 2001 01:49:31 -0400

    RJ> Hey, Barry, while you're checking things in, how about
    RJ> committing contrib/mm-handler, which isn't actually in the
    RJ> repository, despite what README.SENDMAIL says.

I wish I could, but I've never seen it.  AFAIR, David Champion was
going to send it to me, but I don't think I ever actually go it.  If
you did David and I just lost it, then I apologize!  Please resend.

    RJ> BTW, although I haven't tried it yet, I'm still sure you're
    RJ> missing something in those instructions.  Just defining a
    RJ> mailer isn't going to do anything unless there's a rule
    RJ> somewhere, like in the mailertab, that defines a particular
    RJ> pattern that causes it to *use* said mail.  Sendmail often
    RJ> operates by black magic, but this is blacker than most.

I gave up Sendmail hacking years ago, and that one simple act lead to
the loosening of my restraints, the toning down of my medication, and
my eventual release back into the World of the Shiny Happy People.
Even the bruise on my forehead eventually healed.

IOW, Sendmail hackers, please send help.  Between Fil and myself, I
think we've got Postfix covered, and I'm ecstatic that Nigel is here
to help with Exim, but I really need help from you folks to provide
good solutions for Sendmail, Qmail, and any other popular MTA.

-Barry