[Mailman-Developers] Upgrading from 2.0b5 to 2.1a2

Jose A. Accino jaccino@ieev.uma.es
Thu, 26 Jul 2001 10:47:36 +0200

barry@zope.com (Barry A. Warsaw) writes:

>There's two ways to upgrade, neither of which has gotten a lot of
>testing.

Well, I had actually used the 'hard' way (not actually an upgrade
at all), installing a fresh MM2.1.a2, editing mm_cfg.py for defaults
and re-creating the lists (not a lot, fortunately), and re-importing
users again (BTW: I first used sync_members but it gave me the
'ValueError: unsupported format character '(' (0x28) at index 12'
that I reported on another msg.).

AFAIK, it seems to be running (almost) fine. Well, currently I have only
found:

- A problem on Spanish catalog (J.C. Rey kindly solved it on a snap)

- The 'ImportError: No module named mimelib.address' related to cron tasks.
I removed the -s on MM's crontab and didn't got more errors.

- One 'mimelib.Errors.BoundaryError: Couldn't find terminating boundary'
in Parser.Py (only got it once so I'm not sure about what does it mean...)

Regards,

JA.