[Mailman-Developers] Using Mailman as a broadcast list manager

Jay R. Ashworth jra@baylink.com
Thu, 8 Mar 2001 16:43:29 -0500

That's what I'm doing for a client, and before you ask, yes, it's
opt-in, and no, you can't have the addresses.  :-)

My problem is that I haven't had nearly enough time (or warning) on the
fact that they only want about 5,000 mails to go out per day to their
55,000+ name list... and I'm not sure which module to put the throttle
into.

It *looks* like it ought to go in SMTPdirect, but I'm worried about
locking issues.  And, of course, I'd want it to be a list parameter,
though that's not essential for this particular site.Is there anyone on
the list who's already done this, or failing that, has a snap answer
for this one?  I'm headed off to search the archives... but I do have
multiple windows on my laptop.  :-)

Damned fine looking system, BTW: only one 'bug' I've seen so far:

The doco says the site password will work anywhere... but it doesn't
seem to work as the "old password" for changing a list password, and I
can't find anywhere *else* to do that either.  Am I missing something,
or is that really a bug?  I'm gonna check Jitterbug for that, too,
during my search.

Cheers,
-- jra
Member of the Technical Staff     Baylink