[Mailman-Developers] Re: Problem with lockfiles and time in the future

brandon@roguetrader.com brandon@roguetrader.com
Mon, 12 Nov 2001 15:40:15 -0700

Dan Mick said:
> The lock date is set into the future on purpose, so that eventually
> stale locks can be automatically reclaimed.
>
> Some process died holding a lock.  Remove it and drive on if you're
> sure that process is dead.

I have tried that actually, and have nuked the lockfiles and re-run
the processes, still no go; new locks appear and the processes just
hang again, eventually printing something to the logfile saying that
it cannot get a lock.  I am totally at loss now, if you are saying the
future timestamp is intentional.

-Brandon Gillespie