[Mailman-Developers] comments on mailman2.1a3
Kaja P. Christiansen
Thu, 25 Oct 2001 19:12:11 +0200
Thanks for all new stuff in mailman2.1a3; it looks really good. I installed
it ~mailman2 and on a different web server than our production version.
Here are a few comments:
- after the installation of email package, the test - as recommended
by INSTALL - returns email.__version__ 0.92 (and not 0.93).
- no problems with the compilation (irix6.5)
- directory permissions were right, except for ~mailman2/messages and
mailman2/templates (no g+w permission).
- loading of the pages seems slow, but it may be a local problem
- the only real problem was setting the web page url correctly.
what happened is that I wanted the test version to use mailman2.domain
as default url. I created a list, mailman2-test, and everything looked
good - messages got posted and archived - except for the urls in the
List-* headers which said something like:
(and which pointed to another web server)
I tried many things (HOST and URL variables for configure, DEFAULT_URL
and DEFAULT_URL_HOST in mm_cfg.py, and add_virtualhost hack (which I
don't understand)) but nothing helped. What *did* help was to reread
NEWS, find reference to bin/fix_url.py, and find in it a comment which
told me to run bin/withlist -l -r fix_url <list> :-)
- loading of the pages seems slow, but it may be a local problem.
My test setup is at http://mailman2.daimi.au.dk/mailman/listinfo. I'm using
it for trying out new options etc. You are welcome to use it for testing