[Mailman-Developers] New Pipermail hacks (was Re: Ok, it works! ...)

Ben Gertzfield che@debian.org
Fri, 26 Oct 2001 17:17:30 +0900

    David> Unfortunately, I think there are legitimate reasons for
    David> allowing HTML messages (as well as parts) into the
    David> record. But I don't think that legitimizes passing the HTML
    David> through literally -- this poses a big potential threat to
    David> archive viewers.

Sure.  Make it an option, then!  I suggest decoding and saving HTML
messages and attachments, and making them clickable links, so users
are only subjected to their horrors if they click on them.

    David> Ah, filenames. I'd actually like to see the filename stored
    David> on the server as requested in the MIME
    David> content-disposition.

Sure, but duplicates will come in quite quickly; it will be pretty
useless as soon as 40 people send in "map.gif", don't you think?  We'd
have to do filename munging in any case, and that's sticky.  What do
you suggest, prefix the filename with a number if the original filename
is taken?

01-map.gif

Ben

--
Brought to you by the letters M and E and the number 16.
"Johnny! Don't go! It's too dangerous!" "I don't care!"