[Mailman-Developers] [ mailman-Bugs-214101 ] footer and MIME (and Jitterbug-bug) (PR#76)

noreply@sourceforge.net noreply@sourceforge.net
Wed, 21 Aug 2002 20:33:42 -0700

Bugs item #214101, was opened at 2000-09-11 16:12
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=100103&aid=214101&group_id=103

Category: None
Group: None

Initial Comment:
Jitterbug-Id: 76
Submitted-By: Bernhard Reiter <bernhard@uwm.edu>
Date: Mon, 5 Jul 1999 03:05:04 -0500
Version: None
OS: None

--QTprm0S8XgL7H0Dt

--azLHFNyN32YCQGCU

Hi folks,
this is my fourth attempt to report this Mailman bug.

Jitterbug gave me:
| the system encountered a fatal error
| After command:=20
| Received:=20
| The last error code was: Connection refused=20

Original Jitterbug message attached.
Hope this is the correct forum. You should mention the bug-reporting
address on the web. Oh, an BTW the link to mailman on
http://www.python.org/mailman-bugs/ is broken. "http://" is missing...
(and no feedback email address for that...)
	Bernhard
--=20
Research Assistant, Geog Dept UM-Milwaukee, USA.    (www.uwm.edu/~bernhard)
Association for a Free Informational Infrastructure              (ffii.org)

--azLHFNyN32YCQGCU

When adding a footer to mime messages, mailman acts dumb.

Consider a common PGP/MIME signature, then mailman will add the footer
behind the last contents mark and a good MUA will not display the text from=
 there.
(Tested with mutt 0.95.6i.)

Possible solutions: add another MIME part with the footer or add a header w=
ith
the information X-Footer (seems a bit silly to me, though ;) )

Encapsulate the first mime parts as a seperate mime part message/rfc822.
(Will be difficult for most MUA to decode and might not really help.)

eGroups mailsystem does it totally wrong and adds the footer to the
first contents. This breaks the PGP signature, of course and I would consid=
er
it a serious bug.

Bernhard
(ps.: this is my third try to report this error. Mail to the user list did'=
t go=20
through without bouncing and I had serveral Jitterbug failures. Webmaster a=
lso never
answered.)

--azLHFNyN32YCQGCU--

--QTprm0S8XgL7H0Dt

--QTprm0S8XgL7H0Dt--

Audit trail:
Tue Jul 13 11:05:44 1999	bwarsaw	moved from incoming to open