[Mailman-Developers] Re: Anti-spam "killer app"?

Michael Meltzer mjm@michaelmeltzer.com
Thu, 22 Aug 2002 14:30:59 -0400

 think their are simpler ways here, I would setup a new email address, then I would sent a messages to ALL news group like:

to: alt.sex
from new@address.com
Subject: A new Method:

Hi all my email is new@address.com, please do not use this address, I only want the S P A M Robots to Find it, I am trying out a new
filtering system and need a large collection of S P A M, Moderators please let this though, the archives are a very "fertile ground"
for this guys to harvest address. If you are wondering what I am up to www.picksomething.com/method.html

THANK YOU

BTW make sure the new@address.com is on the webpage. My bet in a week you will have a large sample size for the "spam" side, growing
by the hour, could send it right to the file ;-)be carefull of keywords the harvesters might react to like abuse@foo.com. Thier is
really only one spam table need to get started(the seed) that can be used by all. The personial side mosty likly can be seeded using
the user mail mbox/archives on thier machine(or a list archive)

MJM
PS. I know spaming the news group is a issue here, but minor(they get flooded now), but sometime you have to play by thier rules :-)