[Mailman-Developers] [ mailman-Bugs-646722 ] Robots needed in individual msgs

noreply@sourceforge.net noreply@sourceforge.net
Mon Dec 2 00:29:24 2002

Bugs item #646722, was opened at 2002-12-01 17:29
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=100103&aid=646722&group_id=103

Category: None
Group: None

Initial Comment:
Mailman 2.1b5. Archive summary web pages have
Robot shoo-away META tags, but the individual
messages do not. They should be labelded the
same way, for the same reasons. They are exposed
to plunder in publically visible archives.
 Similarly, I wish we had a control to force
authentication before aggregates are downloaded.
I have removed the wide open "download the whole
thing" givaway, but the individual (month, *.txt ) files
are vulnerable. Changing this behavior is too difficult
for a non-Python expert. I have also removed the
web based list creation/removal cgi-bin scripts
and associated web page material. The security model
is set for exploitation first, protection second.
 Joe D.