[Mailman-Developers] Personalization question

Mike Burton mburton at jo.birdsense.com
Mon Dec 16 20:06:32 EST 2002

Hi Mick,

I take it I didn't make myself perfectly clear.  I understand that this
is issued per user (thus the name personalization).  At the bottom of my
lists mails it reads (using user_optionsurl)
http://jo.birdsense.com/mailman/options/[listname]/mburton%40jo.birdsens
e.com - this is my mail systems address (jo.birdsense.com).

What I would expect is
http://www.birdsense.com/mailman/options/[listname]/mburton%40jo.birdsen
se.com which is my web server's address.  Note the www instead of jo in
the address.

This is what is shown at the bottom of the mailman-users list mails -
http://mail.python.org/mailman/options/mailman-users/mburton%40jo.birdse
nse.com.  Again I would suspect that it might want to read
www.python.org instead of mail.python.org, although I am not sure of
this one as I am not the admin for that system and really don't know how
they have it setup and configured.

Am I completely missing something here?  Are my expectations that it
would use the web server's address unreasonable?

Thanks,
Mike