[Mailman-Developers] Protecting email addresses from spam harvesters

Barry A. Warsaw barry@zope.com
Wed, 27 Feb 2002 20:25:16 -0500

    NM> * ie those with EU data protection legislation affecting them.
    NM> I have a vague idea that there are EU attempts to make this
    NM> legislation stick worldwide where EU citizens are involved,
    NM> and US attempt to be able to rape the data whoever its on.

Lovely.  There's probably some stupid-ass DMCA, SSSCA, or other idiocy
that'll get passed in the US that will prohibit you from disabling the
roster because then you'll be circumventing some digital security
device.  Then we're in a catch-22 where Mailman will only be legal in
Togo, but only there until the Dizz Knee Police need a boondoggle
enforcement expedition.

can-i-be-a-rock-star-yet?-ly y'rs,
-Barry