[Mailman-Developers] documentation for config.pck elements?

Jason R. Mastaler jason-list-mailman-developers@mastaler.com
Thu, 10 Jan 2002 23:01:11 -0700

Dan Mick <dmick@utopia.West.Sun.COM> writes:

> "ease" wasn't the point; the point is that "reaching into config.db"
> is unsupported, whereas "plugin membership module" *is* intended to
> be supported, and therefore stable interface.  Then, since you've
> got your choice of storage formats, the world's your oyster as far
> as sharing between Mailman and TMDA.

Sounds good to me, all I'm saying is that until this is implemented,
I'm still in business.

I'd imagine my wanting access to the `member' addresses from another
application isn't all that uncommon.  Mine just happens to be written
in Python which made this easy.  It might be nice to optionally be
able to "separate" attributes like `member', and store them along
side in a more universal format like text or DBM, rather than keeping
them locked up inside config.pck where non-Python apps have a hard
time getting at them.

Perhaps this is just what you are suggesting.  :-)

--
(TMDA (http://tmda.sourceforge.net/))
(user-level UCE intrusion prevention)