[Mailman-Developers] load balancing with mailman.

Darrell Fuhriman darrell@grumblesmurf.net
28 Jan 2002 10:50:08 -0800

Marc MERLIN <marc_news@vasoftware.com> writes:

> I have a mail server which automatically rewrites mailman lists
> envelope tos to go to the mailman only mail server.

Exactly, but I'd rather avoid that.  I don't like having special
cases if it's avoidable.  Special cases don't scale well.

> You _can_ export ~mailman over NFS. The problem was that with

Yes, but since the mailman machine lives outside the firewall,
I'd *really* rather not run NFS, even if it is filtered at the
router.

Further, that means you've introduced a single dependency into
your mail server setup, which rather defeats the purpose of
having redundant mail receivers.

> I think the NFS approach is the simplest by far :-)

Yah, but ultimately suboptimal, I think...  especially since the
only reason it's the easiest is because of the lack of
abstraction of the interfaces.

Darrell